Thursday, October 07, 2010

Diana's 5th Birthday

Photobucket

This Tuesday marked Diana's 5th birthday, but we didn't actually celebrate until Wednesday. And despite what my sister, Caity, thinks, I'm almost positive that Diana hasn't suffered any permanent psychological damage from our little white lie. ;)

She started her morning off with hot chocolate and pancakes and then went right to my bathroom to gussy up. She'd asked me weeks ago if I'd allow her to wear mascara on her birthday, and I happily obliged.

After her schoolwork was done, she and I went on a birthday shopping spree! Using her birthday money, she was able to pick out 5 things she wanted. (Courtesy of Mimi and Papa Fiore)


Photobucket


Photobucket


As soon as Ed came home from work, she was able to open her other family gifts, blow out the candles on her cake and relish in all of the attention a birthday brings.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

And speaking of cake:

It was good!
I mean really, really good!

Photobucket

I made one layer of regular yellow cake, added cherry extract to the remaing batter for another two layers, whipped up some Jiffy Brand chocolate frosting mix and added my own homemade butter cream frosting for the finishing touch.
It's not exactly level and the frosting job could have been better, but the moist deliciousness of the cake made up for it's unflattering aesthetics!








2 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

She is just adorable! I love that she wanted to wear mascara for her big day! Too cute!!

Cait Bait said...

:( I love the pics but hate that she is growing up and I'm not there. Please give her a HUGE hug from her coolest Aunt CC. :)