Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

I have a secret: I hate carving pumpkins with my kids.
Maybe it's because they are always overly ambitious with the patterns they choose,
maybe it's because I *always* end up having to finish the
three half-carved pumpkins left on the table by myself,
or maybe it's because pumpkin guts are almost impossible to clean up
after they've dried on the hardwood floors.
Regardless, I secretly dread it every year.

But, (and I'm sure you've guessed it) this year was different!
The kids did so much better! The pumpkin guts were cleaned up quickly,
the kids picked (or drew) their own EASY patterns,
AND they even finished them.... By themselves!!

It helps to have the the right tools of the trade:
Photobucket

Dominick, unsurprisingly, was the most enthusiastic
and started straightaway with very little help from me!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Diana did not enjoy the gutting, but managed all the same!
Photobucket

And Brookie, trying to lessen her pumpkin footprint, made her own litte workspace on the kitchen floor:
Photobucket

And behold: The Three pumpkins that I hardly no part in!!
Photobucket


No comments: