Saturday, December 03, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, as it usually is, was a quiet affair in an intimate setting.
I'm not sure intimate is the right word, it sounds a bit too fancy,
a better choice might be squished.

Over the past few months the dining room has been overcome
by all of our different homeschool paraphernalia!
Trying to de-school only to have to re-school it seemed futile.

Instead, we put the leaf in the kitchen table and enjoyed our supper there!
And what a dinner it was! I made as traditional meal as ever there was: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, monster salad and rolls and the little kids personal favorite: Sparkling ciders!

(They feel so fancy drinking from our wine glasses!)
Photobucket

Every single picture I took of the kids came out horribly dark,
and this is the best I could do with lightening it:
Photobucket


My famous sweet potato casserole:
Photobucket


Of course, after supper was done, everyone slowly trickled
away until only Brooke and I remained. She was just downright *thrilled*
when she realized that we'd be doing dishes alone.
What an angel! ;)

Photobucket


Regardless of who stuck us with the dishes (and I ain't namin' names) I can't help but be grateful for all that I have.
I have my children by my side day and night and they allow me to the distinct privilege of being their Mother, teacher and sometime slave-driver.
And in my husband I find one of my staunchest supporters and closest confidants.
I am truly blessed.

It was indeed a Thanks-giving!

Photobucket

No comments: