Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Brooke is TWELVE!

Brooke's birthday didn't really go as planned. To start, she asked that we save her gifts until Friday (which is her birthday party)... Ed and I didn't want her to wait, so we decided that for our gift we'd take her shopping after school and let her pick out a new bedding set for her room. (She's needed one for some time). Well, that didn't work out as planned, Brooke had a hard time finding something she liked and when she did find something it wasn't available in the size she needed. She was able to find two new fabulous pillows! (Her current pillows resemble deflated pancakes) So that was her gift from us! (We're going to Knoxville after school today to continue the bedding search!)

For dinner, she wanted Shepherds Pie. So I found a great recipe that Chef Gordon Ramsey used. HA HA HA! I don't know what made me think this would have been simple. It took forever, using ingredients I wasn't very familiar with, but in the end it was completed and OMG.. SOOOO GOOD! On the downside our 6pm dinner time came and went and we didn't eat until about 7. (I always start dinner at 5 sharp!) Eating late meant that cake and ice cream came even LATER!

On the upside, trick candles are still as hilarious as they've always been! Poor Brooke! LOL




**** EDITED TO ADD**** : Dom and Diana were grumpy because I was neither letting them blow out Brooke's candles OR letting them cut and serve the cake themselves. This is how they looked while waiting on Brooke.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cait Bait said...

I want to start crying every time I see a picture of Brooke. Not only is she growing up she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! And WHY is there no caption for the pic with Dom & Di...why do they look miserable!? lol. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!