Sunday, March 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

So, I've been saying for years that I'm going to write a book about all of Ed's [mis]adventures and name it "This one time....." and each chapter would begin with that title and then go on to tell an "Ed Tale".

We'll call this entry:

"This one time, Ed took me shopping for over 12 hours and didn't compain once!"
Not only did he not complain, I have my suspisions that he REALLY enjoyed himself.
No matter where I wanted to go next, he was totally up for it!
We hopped around most of Knoxville and then went into Pigeon Forge to hit the Tanger Outlets.

From the Bookstore I bought:
Fablehaven III by Brandon Mull
&
Wicked by Gregory Maguire


After the bookstore we hit West Town Mall in Knoxville and visited some of my favorites, Gymboree, Gap Kids, Children's Place, The Disney store and Williams-Sonoma. After that we went to my favorite consignment store, Babies-R-Us and we tried to go to Marshalls but the west-end location closed! :( Over all though, I was able to get some kickin' deals on summer clothes for the kids. Sorry, no pics of those, they're already hung in closets!

This next part is my favorite. ;)
We'd left Knoxville and made it to Tanger and what is the first thing I spy? A Coach store. I've been in the market for a new purse for a while but was doubtful that Ed would never want to come off the dough for a Coach Handbag. But I also figured it was MY birthday and a little window shopping never hurt anyone!

Walking into a Coach store is a little like walking into heaven. There is just something about that store. Anyway, as I'm walking around paroosing, Ed lifts this bag up in the air and said "I like this one, it has pockets" to which I replied "I like the whole thing! Pockets and all!" And that was that! I brought my bag up to the clerk and while she was ringing me up Ed went and found the matching wallet!!
I was SOO happy and absolutely love my new purse!



After we'd finished shopping, we got a delicious dinner of crab legs and lobster! And can I just say that it was SOO stinkin' good!


Oh, I almost forgot two other gifts Ed gave me!
Earlier in the week Ed bought me a Philips 8GB MP3 player. He didn't know what I wanted really, so after we'd fed the kids dinner, he took me to the store and said I could pick out whatever I wanted and this was IT! It plays songs, video's, holds tons of pictures and even has an FM tuner for when I'm sick of my playlists! LOL! Diana LOVES being able to listen to the Backyardigans albums while we're shopping!



AND (this is another major goodie) I got a new Bugaboo Cameleon!! WOOHOO! I found a women selling hers for a RIDICULOUSLY cheap price and couldn't resist. Ed didn't actually know he'd bought me this until yesterday! After telling him the retail price and the price I/he paid .. he was pretty impressed with my negotiating skillz!
Photobucket

So yes, I had a very happy birthday! I got to spent some much needed time with my Ed and I got some kickin' gifts on top of that! Turning 31 was so much more enjoyable than 30 was!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky girl! I'm so glad you had a good birthday!

Cait Bait said...

Why is there a random pic of a stroller??? LOL. I LOVE YOU!

Allie Girl said...

Birthdays just don't get better than that sis! Way to score! Happy Birthday again!
love, allie