Thursday, March 18, 2010

FLORIDA: Happy Birthday to ME! :)

11680 Days
1664 Weeks
384 Months
32 Years.

I didn't think Ed would be able to top last years "All day Shopping Birthday Extravaganza" but springing for a trip to Florida that just happened to fall on my birthday was pretty gosh darn awesome.

Yes, I was happy to see all of our old friends, yes I loved having a hotel room right on the ocean, were the five star restaurants a treat? You bet! But there was one thing that made this birthday (and trip for that matter) absolutely spectacular: GOODWILL. No, I don't mean like goodwill toward your fellow man, I mean Goodwill, like the thrift store.

As soon as we got into town I was itching to pass the kiids off to Ed and get to work on finding some bargains. And did I ever. The Stuart, Jensen Beach and PSL Goodwills are the BOMB. Yes, you have to dig a little and sort through each and every piece sometimes, but in the end I struck it rich. I hit the Gymboree/Baby Gap MOTHERLOAD, most of which still has the original tags on them. Woot Woot!
My name is Leslie and I am a Goodwill whore.
I stopped trying to deny it years ago.
BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :)


Photo by Dominick Fiore.
He's got skillz.

5 comments:

Allie Girl said...

Ooh La La! You are one hot mama! Was Goodwill able to handle Hurricane Leslie? You rock!

Allie Girl said...

Okay, I just finished reading the rest of the blog entries and I've decided that I am CRAZY JEALOUS!

I am so glad you had such a great time...and birthday too! Sooo fun! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to show Kristen all the new pictures of Diana and Will is going to go crazy when he hears there is such thing as PlayMobil land!

Cait Bait said...

LOL to Allie's comment about Will going crazy!

I LOVE this picture of you! And I'm glad you admitting to being a goodwill whore! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Oh so young! Wish we could all go back in time. The question is: What would we do to change the future?

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, you sassy 32 year old woman! And you're right. Dom DOES have mad skills