Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Summit ATA picnic

Saturday morning I awoke knowing I had to get right to the grocery store. The kids and I had been invited to a picnic (hosted by Dom's Karate studio) and I'd offered to bring Pink Stuff. In order for the pink deliciousness to come out right it had to set for at least 3 hours or so.

I jumped in the car and headed to Ingles and got the four ingredients I needed. Jumped back in the car and was home in record time. I had two major problems right away. 1. I'd bought chunked pineapple instead of crushed and 2. the Cool Whip was frozen solid. NO PROBLEM I told myself! I popped the cool whip in the microwave on a defrost and began dicing the heck out of the pineapple hoping I could crush it enough to pass for what the recipe called for.

In case you didn't know (and I can't imagine how you wouldn't) Cool Whip does not defrost in the microwave. Ever. I retrieved a tub of melted, brownish goop. As soon as I saw it, I abandoned my efforts of dicing the pineapple and went back to the store, again. The cool whip was still frozen, but on the ride home I put it right on front seat and opened the sun roof and hoped it'd work. It wasn't exactly thawed by the time I got home, but it was thawed enough to fold into the rest of the ingredients. Crisis averted.

The picnic was a BLAST! We'd never heard of, let alone visited the park it was hosted at, and I was blown away! Settled in the heart of downtown, but with beautiful mountain views just about anywhere you looked! We got rained out in the end, but the kids had enough time to fill their bellies, get soaked and thoroughly exhaust themselves!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Diana endulging in some watermelon:
Photobucket



Photobucket
The water gun wars:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Diana not enjoying being soaked through....

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: