Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Projects

As Eloise would say:
"I'm Rawther Proud of Myself!"
I've been cross-stitching the better part of 20 years, but I've never
actually finished an entire project. I have box full of projects
I've started but never finished for one reason or another.
In November, I found a sampler I really liked and started
working on it in hopes that I could gift it to my older
sister, Allison, for Christmas. If truth to be told, I never
actually thought I'd finish. I kept waiting for my trusty old ADD to
kick in and lure me away to some other 1/2 finished project. But eachnight I put away the project just a little nearer to completion.
And then, to my (and everyone's) surprise,
all I had left were the french knots.
Ah, French knots, my old nemesis.
Many, many projects have been abandoned over french knots.
As I sat watching Poor Little Rich Girl on TCM I tied off another knot
and sat scanning the pattern trying to figure out what needed to be
done next when it occured to me that I was done!
An entire pattern, finished, with the right colors, the right stitches
and even the right name!

Betsy Ross, I ain't!

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I
was prouder than a peacock at a pagaent!

The finished product:
Photobucket

2 comments:

DotteeO said...

What a beautiful project!! I really am so proud of you for achieving such an accomplishment!!
Allie will be dumbfounded!

Allie Girl said...

Dumbfounded does not even begin to describe the feeling.

I actually wept! Thank you so much Leslie:)

I had no idea that I was your first finished project. Now I really need a tissue. Sniffle, sniffle....

I love you so much!