Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Years Resolution

res·o·lu·tion   /ˌrɛzəˈluʃən/
[rez-uh-loo-shuhn]

–noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.
6. the resulting state.


It's that time of year again. The time of year when people all over the world decide to improve upon themselves. I'm amongst the group of people who've singled out a particular part of my life that I'd like to improve upon. For the past few years, I've chosen the same resolution each year: Lose Weight. IF by February I'd lost 2 or 3 pounds, I considered it a job well done and moved on.

This year, I'm doing things different. COMPLETELY different. Losing weight is a thing of the past! This year I've decided that we're going to bulk up! Our savings account that is!
Bargain shopping is already an activity I enjoy, but I want to push the envelope even harder! I have a number in my head, and I won't rest until I get a statement from our bank showing THAT number (plus a penny) in our savings account.

I'll also be blogging about our frugalesque adventure, so stay tuned!

No comments: