Wednesday, March 09, 2011

TuTu Beautiful!

Every Tuesday, sometime just after lunch, Diana will ask me the same thing:

"Is it time to get ready for ballet yet?"

Even though I assure her that class doesn't start for hours,
she'll still retrieve her leotard and tights and lay them across my bed
so that they're ready just as soon as she gets out of the shower.

But despite her enthusiasm, her least favorite part of our
Tuesday routine is always the construction of her bun.
I've been doing her hair the same way for over
a year, but it still poses a challenge for her to sit still long
enough for me to do my thing.

When I announce it's time to go, she slings her ballet
box over her shoulder and marches out the door.

We're fortunate this year that both her tap and ballet classes
fall on Tuesday and are both taught by the same amazing woman, Ms. Heather.
(Whom Diana happens to adore!)

As luck would have it,
we were early to class this week and the studio was empty, so I took a few}
minutes to get some long overdue pictures of Di and her best friend Samantha.

_____

Getting ready to leave the house: Photobucket

Diana at the bar: Photobucket

Practicing the splits:
(Diana inherited the anti-bendy-Odom gene, so this is a pretty big deal!)
Photobucket

And my favorite picture: Diana doing her Plie at the bar:
Photobucket

Then Samantha joined Di at the bar:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, what kind of ballerina doesn't know how to goof off??
Photobucket

No comments: