Monday, August 09, 2010

First Day of School! First day of School!!

If you hadn't guessed, today was our first day of school!

Photobucket

We've turned the dining room into a makeshift classroom, it's the only room big enough to accomodate three computers, books, binders, pencil boxes and the mountain of other paraphanalia that comes with homeschooling.

We had a nice big breakfast and then I got them started on their individual lesson plans. Brooke dove right in and and was able to get all of her lessons done in just a few hours. Diana also loved getting on the computer and completing her assignments, the only real resistance came from Dominick who just wanted to go outside and play with his friends. Once I explained that all of his friends were in school as well, he buckled down and got all of his lessons done. I have to tell you, that for about an hour while the kids were immersed in their studies, the house was dead quiet, and I loved every single minute. I was able to get the laundry done, get all the beds made and still had enough time to make the kids lunch before they needed my help with their worksheets. That, right there, is my kind of domestic bliss! :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have it all pulled together. Now if you can keep it that way throughout the year!