Sunday, September 05, 2010

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

Which would be fine if you're Burt Bacharach circa 1969.
But it's a very bad thing if you're me, circa now and standing in the basement and the raindrops smell suspiciously of peepee.



Long story short: The upstairs toilet overflowed and the water went south in a BIG way. It was a nightmare. In such a situation it is almost impossible to decide what to do first: Sop up the gallons and gallons of water on the hardwood floor in the bathroom to try and save them from warping or rush downstairs and sop up all of the gallons and gallons of water threatening to ruin your BRAND NEW CARPETING?


Lucky for us we have quick thinkers 'round these parts! While I did my best to de-flood the bathroom, Ed was already downstairs trying to soak up the water that had cascaded through the drop ceiling. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CORONARY!! (That's forward progress my friends!)

Once the majority of the water was as soaked up as we could get it, I went to town with my Bissell "little green" and got almost every drop of water sucked up out of the carpet!

The only major damage was done to the drop ceiling tiles, and I'm sure matching those up will be nightmarish, but considering what COULD have happened had we not acted quickly, we're pretty fortunate.

PS: Allie, I'm pretty sure that tops a bit of spilled milk! LOLOLOL

1 comment:

Allie Girl said...

You soooo win!