Sunday, September 05, 2010

Diana's Girly Room

Separating Dominick and Diana earlier this year was tough. They've shared a room for always, but Ed and I felt like it was time to give them their own breathing room. Dominick took over Christina's old room, and Diana kept the room they'd shared as their nursery.

The original room (as kind of shown in the photo) was done in blue & green with a barnyard border and themed room. The drapes from Pottery barn were a perfect match and we thought the room was gender neutral enough for a both Dom and Diana to enjoy. And they did, for 3 years.


BEFORE:
Photobucket

Trying to decide how to "girlify" the room for Diana was tricky. I was dreading repainting the room (which had been florescent pink when we acquired the house) and after weeks of looking at paint samples, my eyes simply glazed over. And, if I'm being truly honest with myself the thought of painting over that particular room gave me heart pangs. How do you paint over the last little thing you have left over from the "baby days"?

Luck, however, was with me! After scouring the Internet I came across an adorable wallpaper border that coordinated with the existing paint perfectly! My heart rejoiced: I would not have to paint over years of happy memories in the nursery. (And then Ed's wallet rejoiced: I would not have to spend his money at Benjamin Moore!)

After hanging the wallpaper, we moved in Brooke's old bedroom suite, bought some linens and TA DA: (There is still much to be hung on the walls, but we'll acquire all that along the way...)

AFTER:
Photobucket

Photobucket



And, of course, Lady Di loves her new digs:
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allie Girl said...

Diana's finished room looks suspiciously like Kristen's unicorn Strawberry Rainbow's room on Webkinz! I Love it! Lucky, lucky girl to have such a brilliant mom:)