Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daffodils and Dirty Knees

It almost felt like spring today and but for the Weatherman threatening us with crummy weather later this week, I would almost have let myself believe that the gray skies, doom and gloom of winter were behind us.

But, I digress. It was a gorgeous day, and the kids spent almost all of it outside. To be quite honest, it's one of the things I love best about my kids. They'd much rather be outside any given moment than inside. ... They're good kids.

So, imagine my delight when Diana brought in a special surprise for me:
Are they gorgeous or what??

Photobucket

There is a ditch that runs along the back side of property
and until today I didn't know that wild daffodils grow
there in abundance.
I LOVE daffodils! They're my birth flower!
What a perfect gift from my little princess Di.


And then there's Dominick.
He too spent the entire day outside.
But he didn't bring me flowers.
He did what boys do!
He brought me laundry.

This isn't even a 1/5th of the mess he was.

Photobucket

Oh well. I'll take the daffodils and dirty knees if it means
they'll be my little ones in the sun a bit longer!

1 comment:

Allie Girl said...

I am so jealous! About the flowers not the laundry. My kids don't bring in dirt stains anymore...enjoy it while it lasts. Gorgeous pictures. You totally made my day:)