Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our Pinteresting Dinner

So, I spend a lot of time on Pinterest.
Maybe a little too much time.

And for all the pinning I do, I've never actually put any of those pins to good use.

Until now ....

For dinner last night, I resolved to make only the things I could find on my "Food for the family" board I have on Pinterest.

For our main course I made this yummy looking Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake:

It was really easy to prepare and came out of the oven looking (and SMELLING) totally delish! Would I make it again? Sure! But I'd just about double the amount of sauce needed to make it extra creamy. It was a bit dry and the noodles on top got a little hard while baking.
   
Photobucket

Ok, for a side I made this simple Sea Salt Asparagus
It was so, so good. Nothing to add, nothing to change.
10 mins at 450 ... perfection!

Photobucket

Ok, and finally, for dessert we tried this awesome blossom "Banoffee Pie"

"Ban" for Banana.
"offee" for Toffee.

AND YUM FOR YUMMY!!! 


As advertised, it is so simple to make.
(And I especially liked learning how to make toffee from a can of Sweetened condensed milk boiled on the stove!) 

But let me warn you, this pie is sweet!
I mean REALLY sweet. Like, "Wow, I just popped a cavity" sweet. Or even "The kids are never going to fall asleep now" sweet.

I love sweets and this was even a little too sweet for me.
I'm thinking next time I'm going to try and tone down the toffee with some cream or maybe add more Banana's. ... Things to think about.
Photobucket

All-in-all, Pinterest night was a success! Enough of a success that tonight we had Pinteresting Beef Stew on the crock pot! (Which was too die for!)

No comments: