Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hale Family Reunion: Day 1, part 1.

For months I've been anxiously awaiting the Hale family reunion!
A vacation AND a reunion?? That's what I call one stop shopping!
A chance to see my parents.
A chance to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins.
And a chance to dip my toes in the warm waters of the gulf.
Despite the 10 hour drive from our home in Tennessee, as soon as we arrived we met up with my folks and the fun began!
We piled in my Dad's rental car and he took us on an amazing tour of Pensacola! The kids got a chance to see where he was raised, where he lived and where he went to school.
My dad is the best story-teller and we cracked up as he told us about his daily fried chicken dinners at his grandparents house and cried as he recounted the passing of his favorite cousin.

After the tour, we just had to get a glimpse of the beach which turned into a 10 minute field trip for the kids!

If you're an Odom, this sign needs absolutely no introduction:
 photo AB_26.jpg


Brooke, Diana and Grandpa Odom
 photo AB_1.jpg

Dominick leading the way
 photo AB_2.jpg
 photo AB_5.jpg
 photo AB_8.jpg
 photo AB_11.jpg
 photo AB_13.jpg
 photo AB_14.jpg
 photo AB_20.jpg
 photo AB_15.jpg

 photo AB_18.jpg
 photo AB_21.jpg


All under the watchful eye of the world's best Dad / Grandpa !
 photo AB_22.jpg








No comments: