Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hale Family Reunion: Day 2, part 2

FAMILY HISTORY NIGHT:

Friday afternoon we all headed over the local LDS church
(where most of my extended family are members) for family history night.

My cousin, Karen, who was the planning, doing, coordinating guru for this reunion had the space looking so great!
I wish I'd taken better pictures, because these crappy one's just don't do it any justice!

 photo PENSACOLA.jpg

 photo AB_FH8.jpg

My cousin, Laurie, led the evening with a wonderful
tribute to our Grandparents Hale.
Most of the information was known to me, but there were wonderful little nuggets thrown out that I didn't know. Like how my Great-Grandpa Hale loved him some blackberry "juice" from time to time. Fearful of being found out, he swore my Uncle Jimmy to silence!
 photo AB_FH6.jpg

Later, my Uncle Joe gave a wonderful talk about the importance of our Family History and presented everyone with a wonderful, extensive genealogy chart package to add to our own family histories.

After Uncle Joe had finished up, my Dad presented the video my brother, Matt, had made. He was able to get video footage from some of the siblings and cousins unable to attend the reunion. It was great to see their smiling faces, but it made us miss them all that much more!

After the family history portion we all separated to find dinner. My parents took Brooke with them and then later returned to the church for a family game night.

Ed and I opted out and decided to take Dominick and Diana to the beach!
(Check part II for the beach pictures!)

Here are just a few snapshots from our Family History Night!

 photo AB_FH2.jpg

 photo AB_FH3.jpg

 photo AB_FH4.jpg

 photo AB_FH5.jpg

 photo AB_FH9.jpg

 photo AB_FH7.jpg





No comments: