Monday, September 09, 2013

All Your Perfectly Delivered Lines...

It was by accident that I found this song by the Civil Wars.
Life is weird like that.
I didn't know I needed to hear it,
and now I need to hear it often.

And I know someone else who probably needs to hear it too.
But, I can't exactly come right out and say:
"Hey! I think you might be going through a crisis so listen to this song!"
Instead I'll hope that person stumbles across this blog and listens.

I hope they know they are not alone.


And if I could I would hold their hand and
dance round and round the flames.




________________________________________________
It’s not your eyes , it’s not what you say

its not your laughter that gives you away
you’re just lonely, you’ve been lonely too long
 
all your acting, your thin disguise
all your perfectly delivered lines
they don’t fool me, you’ve been lonely too long
 
let me in the walls you’ve built around
we can light a match and burn them down
let me hold your hand and dance round and round the flames
in front of us, dust to dust
 
you’ve held  your head up, you’ve fought the fight
you bear the scars, you’ve done your time
listen to me , you’ve been lonely too long
 
let me in the walls you’ve built  around
we can light a match and burn them down
let me hold your hand and dance round and round the flames
in front of us, dust to dust
 
you’re like a mirror, reflecting me
takes one to know one, so take it from me
 
you’ve been lonely, you’ve been lonely too long
we’ve been lonely, we’ve been lonely too long

No comments: