Saturday, September 21, 2013

Easy Peasy Breakfast Migas

Breakfast. It's what for dinner!

If only my kids knew that when I break out the ol' "It's Breakfast for Dinner" scheme, it really means that Mom has neglected the grocery shopping and can't find a recipe that calls for pork and beans, half a jar of pickles, strawberry yogurt and a cheese stick.

Last night I found myself staring into the empty expanse of our refrigerator wondering what on earth I was going to pull together for dinner when I realized I had just the right ingredients to make Migas!

If you've never had Migas, they're just scrambled eggs on steroids.
And you can add just about anything you like! (I love to add peppers, sausage and olives when I have them on hand!)

These are so delicious and easy to make that you're going to make them anytime you realize you've forgotten to buy food all the time!



What you need:
- 6-7 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 5 Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- chopped bacon (3 or 4 strips cut up)
- salt & pepper to taste

Part 1.
- Cut up your tortillas into bite size pieces. Set aside.

Part 2.
- Break your eggs into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the milk
- Mix until well blended

 photo iPhone.jpg

Part 3.
- In a frying pan saute onion until tender.
- Add bacon to onion and cook until done.
- Add egg mixture and cut tortillas to frying pan.
- Scramble until eggs are done.
- Salt and pepper to taste.

Part 4.
-ENJOY!

 photo IMG_0037.jpg


1 comment:

Allie Girl said...

Yummo! I love migas too...minus the onion;) Thanks for sharing the recipe. We are definitely putting this on next week's menu:) Tonight...wheat pancakes...yep, breakfast...it's what's for dinner after Kristen's tap dance class!