Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Happy Anniversary to US!

8 years ago, in front of family and friends, I walked down the aisle in a beautiful white gown (a stretch, I know) and met my husband at the alter. We were married by my father and celebrated the union with our children. The night was a blur, but I remember feeling very settled, and very very happy.

We had just about everything working against us and I knew marrying Ed was a risk, but I feel that it has paid off in more ways than I'll ever be able to truly appreciate.

Ed is one of a kind. He's seen me at my best and regrettably at my very worst,and still manages to find my company satifactory. He has a temper worthy of an Irishman, but a capacity for forgiveness that boggles my mind. He lets me sleep in and makes me breakfast in bed and he doesn't laugh when my bathng suit is too small and gives me a permanent wedgie. He spoils me rotten but is the first to serve a reality check when needed. He is hysterically funny and a better story-teller than Aesop himself. His work ethic is unrivaled by anyone in our aquaintance. He works hard (and then even harder) at a career he doesn't even like to ensure we have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and enough left over to splurge when we want to. AND he doesn't make me pay the bills! He doesn't heed any of my advice but he's always willing to listen to it.

It has been a long hard road for the two of us, but I know without the shadow of any doubts, that I made the right choice that day in April. If we have another 8 years that are half so fun as these last 8 have been, I'll find myself so truly blessed.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Cait Bait said...

That was adorable! It made me want to cry a little! lol. LOVE YOU BOTH!

Allie Girl said...

Wow! True love! The only thing that was missing was the phrase, "As You Wish"! The Westley/Buttercup type of love. Congrats you two!!!

Jean M. said...

That was so sweet! I loved it! Ed is a great storyteller, you got that right! And you are both blessed to have each other! I think you are the perfect pair :)